Sunday 20 February 2011

Animation!


Here is the video animation me and Kirsten made during a previous input.
As I have stated before, the patience it takes to make the video is very important. I find that this patience is sometimes lost on me as I personally prefer instant results however I do feel that looking back at my experience and the end product of it is very enjoyable and I feel that I have not only learned to be more patient but I have reflected on ho I would use this in my own teaching. I think that some people would respond to this activity the same way I did whereas others would appreciate the experience. Paying close attention to detail is a process certain people enjoy. Knowing whether a class would enjoy this comes with knowing the pupils. If I were to use this in education I would set the time frame for the activity at a rate which would suit my own class. We completed the animation in just a few hours as we were only testing and learning the processes ourselves. teaching this to children could become a mini topic which splits each aspect of the task up so completion of smaller tasks could be achievements in themselves. This could be expanded to blogging as each activity could be documented and blogged about e.g. taking pictures of plasticine characters, practicing with the Digital Blue camera technology and the final movies as well as taking pictures of the children during the process. Pupils could also reflect in the blog about how they found the activity. This would help them reflect on their own learning experience by self-assessing and inform the teacher's practice.

During the animation process I feel that the pupils would be working towards the Curriculum for Excellence outcome;
I can create, capture and manipulate sounds, text and images to communicate experiences, ideas and information in creative and engaging ways.
I feel that I have enhanced my skills in this area as well as practicing the skills involved in the Curriculum for Excellence outcome;
Using appropriate software, I can work individually or collaboratively to design and implement a game, animation or other application.

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of you getting the children to reflect in their own blog. This way you would be able to see how to improve your input.
    Because we have done the actual animation, we are able to see some of the difficulties the children may have as well.

    ReplyDelete