Monday 14 March 2011

Crazy Talk

As I extend and enhance my knowledge of features of various types of software, including those which help find, organise, manage and access information, I can apply what I learn in different situations.
This Curriculum for Excellence outcome represents what I have learned whilst using the Crazy Talk program. I feel that learning the new software and putting it into practice with the tasks we were given would help me in my future practice not only with the patience I am slowly gaining throughout the module but also as an opening stimulus for future lessons. 
We made two talking characters, one relating to our wiki and the other for introducing a writing task. These served two different functions. The character for our wiki was giving extra information on what has already been written whereas the character of 'Blackbeard' which introduced the writing task had the potential to be the beginning of a context. It could be expanded in a number of ways across the curriculum, much like the games based learning activities from previous inputs.

We used Kelly Holmes for our wiki as the theme is Healthy Lifestyle.



Blackbeard introduced a task for finding adjectives and verbs.



I feel both could be improved by using the microphones to use our own or others' voices instead of typing.

No comments:

Post a Comment