Thursday 31 March 2011

Nintendo DS

During the module Colette gave us an input on games based learning using consoles. I enjoyed the consoles but I found some of the games annoying (as usual). The game I was unsure about was Professor Layton as it was logical and challenging but too slow paced for my liking. I played a gardening game which I found boring and less engaging than the virtual worlds for the iPad. I played another game similar to Brain Academy which I liked as it was word puzzles and had activities where it was possible to beat my score however there was only a limited amount of progress which could be made per day which could be frustrating for children. My least favorite game was Artemis Fowl which I found was just a book series. This wasn't engaging as a game however I feel the novelty of the console could engage pupils and spark interest for reading. Overall I feel that the consoles are useful in education but think that iPads can provide the same learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment