Monday 14 March 2011

Promethean Training

'Interactive whiteboards enable improved delivery and pacing, whole-class teaching, interaction and discussion, and relate to increased motivation for both teachers and pupils.' (Passey et al., 2004 cited Hall 2010)


This is a statement I believe to be very much true after the training I received for the Promethean interactive whiteboards today. Similar to the Smartboards, the Promethean boards use many of the same method to make simple learning more engaging. For example, the different revelation methods during activities and the camera tools were alike in both programs. I think this is a positive thing as the skills learned in one can be easily transferred to another. In my opinion I prefer the Promethean as it is what I myself was taught on and have used in my own teaching practice.
I think that undertaking the tutorials online was easy but remembering the skills learned in them was hard as without the software on my laptop I didn't have the hands on experience. Learning with the program today was a lot easier and will stick in my mind better than before. This probably implies that I am a kinaesthetic learner rather than a visual learner. The pupils in my future classes may learn better using the board in a hands on way as well which is why a lot of the activities that can be created are perfect for pupils use as a class.

1 comment:

  1. I have enjoyed reading your most recent blogs, particularly the one about your nursery visit.You are supporting your writing with reference to appropriate literature and CfE. Well done, Mandy.

    ReplyDelete